WHAT IS A SOCIAL EXHIBITION?
Our Social Exhibitions offer an open dialogue between the public and artists, through exhibitions and workshops. We bring together communities, art and artists, highlighting social matters while developing creativity and critical thinking.
One of our objectives is to promote artists and encourage them to focus on social issues through their work, projects, and events. We design social events employing a wide range of artistic disciplines. Our method is dynamic and adaptable to communities’ needs.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Artists who will work collaboratively with us to reflect upon:
- Heroes and heroines as referents and their impact on children and adults, women and men.
- Heroines as a source of inspiration in contemporary societies and for different political, social and artistic movements.
- Heroines and their powers and/or attributes. Are these just an adaptation of the heroes’ powers? The ‘anti-heroine’.
- What meaning can the heroine have for men?
- Asexual heroes and/or transgender [s]heroes
- Sheroes and neoliberalism: are the new heroines contributing to feminism? Who is creating them? And what are the differences between the old and new heroines?
- Heroines and diversity: black women, refugees, the Arab Spring movement, diverse abilities, and so on
If you would like to collaborate with us on this project in any way, please send an email with your proposal to email@example.com. Deadline to send proposals is 31, 2017.